What is Freight Shipping?
Transportation of big quantities of commodities by air, land, or sea is known as freight shipping. A variety of modes of transportation are used to put the items onto pallets or into huge, strong containers.
What are the benefits of freight shipping services?
If you want your items delivered on time, safely, and at a reasonable cost, you need to use freight shipping services. Land, sea, or air transportation all have their advantages:
- You may need to deliver time-sensitive freight to your customers within a limited delivery window if you have time-sensitive freight. Your time constraint can be accommodated by choosing from a selection of freight shipment service levels.
- Leading carriers: Whenever you ship significant freight, you want to make sure it arrives in good condition and on time. Online freight service providers work with reputable contract carriers to deliver your goods.
- Spend less time researching carriers, getting quotations, and finding the best pricing for your freight. If you’re looking for a contract carrier that offers competitive prices, we can assist.
Why should you use freight shipping services?
It is possible for both expert and inexperienced shippers to stumble into unanticipated obstacles in shipment. These issues can be overcome with the help of a skilled freight shipping agency.
Additionally, they have fast access to freight rates, carriers, and shipping technology that you may not have at your fingertips.
Enter your package details and we’ll automate the entire freight shipping services process, including BOL creation, dispatch, tracking, and more. To fulfill a range of logistics needs, you can tailor your shipping options.
That’s why we know how crucial it is that your freight arrives in perfect condition. Your freight must be appropriately wrapped in order to avoid damage. If your freight is not accepted by the carrier, you will be charged a substantially higher fee.
They have teamed up to make freight packaging and shipment easier for small business owners. All of your packing needs may be met by experts, including palletizing and crating.
What are different Freight shipping modes?
Unloading, truckload, intermodal and partial truckload are only a few of the kinds of freight shipping services available. Listed below are a few examples of each:
- Also known as LTL, less than truckload is designed for shipments larger than parcels, but not large enough to require the space of a full truckload trailer. For shipments weighing between 150 and 15,000 pounds, LTL is the most common option. Find out more about LTL.
- When moving a full semi-trailer, which normally weighs more than 15,000 pounds, a full truckload is used. Due to less handling, full truckload might be cheaper and minimize the risk of freight damage compared to Less Than Truckload (LTL). Find out more about full truckload.
- When shipping partial truckloads, you can split the cost of renting a truck with other shippers, saving money. If your package weighs more than 5,000 pounds or six pallets, a partial truckload is a viable choice. Find out more about partial truckloads by clicking here.
- When freight shipping services are taken by train and truck, it is called intermodal shipping. There is a multitude of types of transportation that can be used to expedite the shipping process. This can cut fuel consumption, lower shipping costs, and provide a reliable mode of shipping. Find out more about multimodal transportation by clicking here.
- Expedited freight refers to shipments that must be delivered in a timely manner. As a rule, the fastest way to carry freight is by truck or by air. More about speedy shipping.
How to prepare a freight shipment by having freight shipping services?
It is not the same to prepare for a freight cargo as it is to prepare for a standard parcel shipment. Check out these helpful suggestions for shipping, handling, and receiving a freight shipment in the safest manner possible.
● Assemble pallets that are the right size
They are utilized for shipping consolidation, as well as ease of transportation. Ideally, a pallet should weigh between 20 and 70 pounds and be composed of either wood or plastic. It’s important to choose a pallet that’s both solid and large enough to prevent overhang, which can cause damage.
● Affix stickers
A telephone number and shipper’s address should be clearly accessible on each pallet.
● Follow the instructions of the freight carrier.
To prepare for pickup, each freight company has its own set of requirements. Pre-authorization is required for some cargo pickups. For a stress-free pickup, be sure to thoroughly follow the instructions provided by your freight carrier.
● Non-palletized packages should be designed
Otherwise, make sure your shipping containers (crates or corrugated boxes) are strong enough to handle the package’s weight if you don’t have a pallet. To reduce the possibility of items being delivered to the wrong destination, remove existing shipping barcodes and labels from containers that are being repurposed or reused.
However, if you must reuse boxes for freight delivery, make sure they are free of holes or tears before using them.
If you want to hold your products in place, use dunnage on all sides of the container. All apertures and seams should be taped shut using strong tape.
We deliver the best freight shipping services and you won’t regret ever to handover your responsibility to us. So, cede the onus to ship your freight to us and get it delivered on time with LGOA.